[English will follow]
- Qui?: Tout le monde intéressé par les technologies, la programmation et Ruby/ Ruby on Rails
- Combien?: Gratuit
- Inscription?: Pas besoin, tout le monde est le bienvenu
- Questions?: Contactez Sophie (firstname.lastname@example.org) ou tweetez @montrealrb
- Who? : Everyone who is interested in technologies, programming and Ruby on Rails or Ruby
- How much?: It's free
- Register?: No need, just come, you're welcome
- Questions?: Contact Sophie (email@example.com) or tweet @montrealrb
Rewriting 15 Year Old Code, by Anna Filina
Did you ever have to maintain a 15-year-old application? Dead code and tables everywhere, static methods, database queries in between HTML tags and some pages still in a language that is no longer supported.
This presentation will lead you through a progressive rewrite from very old legacy to the latest shiny versions. Learn how to automate legacy testing, how to seamlessly jump between the old and new parts, and how to overcome other challenges that arise from dealing with legacy.