Summer has arrived and Montreal.rb continues. This month will have a little quirk but still be like your usual meet-up.
We’ll start the night with a SocialGrapes LAB. This is a wine tasting activity where we taste 2-3 wines and note them. We will have a full presentation at the start of the event.
Heroku is making their Cedar stack the default one starting June 20th. June 19th seems like the perfect time for an advanced live coding & deployment session.
I’ll show you how to:
- get an awesome hosting setup in minutes (staging and production),
- get up to 5 app servers using one dyno (free), thanks to Unicorn,
- set up best practice asset hosting for great end user performance,
- scale up and down from the command line,
- use Node.js and others,
- use your preferred version of Ruby, including 1.9.3,
- best practices learned using Heroku in production for 2 years.
Why should you use it? How should you use it? What are the differences with ActiveRecord? Have an open mind and challenge the Rails default libraries.
As usual, we’ll complete the evening at Benelux for drinks and chats. I’ll see you next week.